Jesus or Isa in Arabic (peace be upon him) is of great significance in both Islam and Christianity. However, there are differences in terms of beliefs about the nature and life occurrences of Jesus . Jesus, is understood to be the penultimate prophet and messenger of God(Allah) and al-Masih, the Arabic term for Messiah (Christ), sent to guide the Children of Israel with a new revelation: al-Injīl (Arabic for “the Gospel”). Jesus is believed to be a prophet who neither married nor had any children and is reflected as a significant figure, being found in the Quran in 93 ayaat (Arabic for verses) with various titles attached such as “Son of Mary” and other relational terms, mentioned directly and indirectly, over 187 times. Jesus is the most mentioned person in the Quran by reference; 25 times by the name Isa, third-person 48 times, first-person 35 times, and the rest as titles and attributes
But who is Jesus according to the Quran if you dig a little in the scriptures?
Well… The name Jesus (Isa in Arabic) is actually found in 25 places in the Quran
…whilst the name of the Prophet Mohammad is only found in 4 places in the Quran
But… why is there more focus on Jesus, if Mohammad should be more important than Jesus was?
That’s a good question – so let us dig even deeper…
First of all the Quran says in chapter 2 verse 87 – and this is even before Jesus was born, that Jesus as the only one was strengthened with the Holy Spirit.
We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of messengers; We gave Jesus the son of Mary Clear (Signs) and strengthened him with the holy spirit. Is it that whenever there comes to you a messenger with what ye yourselves desire not, ye are puffed up with pride?- Some ye called impostors, and others ye slay!
Let’s start by looking at the family tree of Jesus. His Mother, Maryam – better known as Mary, is mentoned in several places in the Quran – Even the whole chapter 19 in the Quran is named after her “Maryam”.
So who is this Mary according to the Quran?
In Chapter 3 of the Quran you can read that Mary was pure, born without ordinary sin, and was a virgin before Jesus was born… and even in Chapter 3 Verse 47 it says, that Maryam wasn’t together with a man, and that Allah could do the impossible and create a child in her womb. So if Allah created the child in the Womb of Maryam without a man, he must also be the father of Jesus.
In the Quran Chapter 3 verses 45 – 55 is says that:
– Word of Allah
– Spirit of Allah
– The nearest to Allah
– The Messiah
– Jesus Christ
and “a messenger from Allah”
The Quran Chapter 3 verse 45
إِذْ قَالَتِ الْمَلَائِكَةُ يَا مَرْيَمُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُبَشِّرُكِ بِكَلِمَةٍ مِنْهُ اسْمُهُ الْمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ وَجِيهًا فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالْآخِرَةِ وَمِنَ الْمُقَرَّبِينَ
Behold! the angels said: “O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah;
The Quran chapter 57 verse 28
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَآمِنُوا بِرَسُولِهِ يُؤْتِكُمْ كِفْلَيْ––––––نِ مِنْ رَحْمَتِهِ وَيَجْعَلْ لَكُمْ نُورًا تَمْشُونَ بِهِ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ۚ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ
O ye that believe! Fear Allah, and believe in His Messenger, and He will bestow on you a double portion of His Mercy: He will provide for you a Light by which ye shall walk (straight in your path), and He will forgive you (your past): for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
Furthermore, in the Quran chapter 5 verse 110 it says, that Jesus spoke, when he was only 2 days old, that Jesus created a living bird out of clay by breathing into it. Here the Quran also tells us that Jesus healed a man that was born blind – and that he healed the lepers… and not only that, but the Quran also says that Jesus gave life to dead people.
…and that Jesus was raised from the dead to life. In the Quran chapter 4 verses 157-158 we read that Jesus went to heaven and that he is still alive… It also says that he will come again and be the judge.
In the Quran chapter 3 verse 144 is says that “Mohammad is no more than a messenger”. Mohammad never did any of these things and he never was the word of Allah, the Spirit of Allah, the light we have to follow. Mohammad never had the powers to forgive you, to heal anyone or to raise the dead. Mohammad was not strengthened with the Holy Spirit! He didn’t have a family tree, he died, he doesn’t live today, and Mohammad will not come back again. Mohammad never made any signs or wonders.
But what about Jesus? What does this make Jesus to Allah – Is he still only a regular Prophet…??? If he was just a prophet, he was obviously a greater prophet than Mohammad…? or…. No, it can’t be real! Can it…?
Anyway… the Quran says that Allah created the World with “his Word”… and if Jesus is the “Word of Allah” it means that Jesus was already there when Allah created the world.… if you compare all that with the Bible, it says in the Gospel of John: ”In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. … The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.“ So the Word here is also Jesus – and he is the light!
So how do we actually find out more about this?
In the Quran chapter 3 verse 3 is says that Allah sent the Law of Moses AND the Gospel of Jesus to guide mankind of what is right and what is wrong. And futhermore in verse 4 it says that “those who reject Faith in the Signs of Allah will suffer the severest penalty, and Allah is Exalted in Might, Lord of Retribution.”. So if Jesus really is sent from Allah as “The messenger” of Allah, as the spirit of Allah, as the Messiah, born by a virgin with Allah as his father AND when Jesus even in the Quran chapter 43 verse 63 commands us to obey HIM, it really would be a good idea to listen to Jesus. But in the Quran we don’t read much about what Jesus said – so what do we do?
In the Quran chapter 10 verse 94 it says that if you are having any doubts about what Mohammad has revealed, you must go back and read the old scriptures.
And as an objective fact we know it is evident that the Holy Bible was written around 550 years before the Quran was written. So how come there are so many differences between the Holy Bible and the Quran??? The New Testament in the Holy Bible has 8 authors all confirming the same, that Jesus is the Messiah, the only Son of Allah. The Quran probably only has one author – but no one really knows…. And even though the whole Bible was written by 39 authors over a period of 1,500 years, the author of the Quran changes the old scriptures into a new “revelation” and throws away the old scriptures. No other historical scripture mentions Mouhammed, but Jesus Christ is mentioned in several old Roman and Greek scripts from year 30 a.d. and onwards. Luckily Mouhamed remembered to write chapter 10 verse 94 of the Quran…. And if that verse and the rest about Jesus is correct, all Muslims have to believe that Jesus Christ is the Messiah and that He is the true Son – not of Allah, but of the living and loving God.
Differences Between Muhammad And Jesus
Questions Muslims Refuse To Answer
1) If God is all powerful and has unlimited powers to do anything he wants and is the creator of all,they why can’t he have a son and become man?
2) When were our scripture corrupted and why? Did Christians all want to go hell after glorifying a mere man? If the gospel didn’t say Jesus Christ died on the cross and then appeared alive three days later. Why were the gospel writers executed? Why weren’t they afraid to die? Why don’t they admit their great lie? Not only gospel writers but all the disciple died painfully.
3) If the disciple didn’t all claim that Jesus Christ was the son of god and one with God but preached something different.To what we have in our new testament today. Why were they executed? Why were they either stoned ,crucified upside-down ,beheaded ,skinned alive and dragged through the rough streets ,boiled in hot oil etc? Why weren’t they afraid to go through that?
4) Why did God watch Muhammad die slowly and painfully before his message was put into a book?
5) Why didn’t God send a replacement to that dinner when Muhammad had eaten poison or why didn’t he cause someone else to take the first bite and were Muhammad not to eat?
6) If the poisoned lamb spoke to Muhammad why did it speak too late?
7) Why would God allow Muhammad to have 20 wives then command that believing men have no more than 4?
8) Since the bible contradicts the Quran, How can both books be from God? And how can be worshipping the same God when your book says that when you kill a infidel(Christian or Jew) you get a one way ticket to paradise if we worship the same God?
9) Why would Jesus Christ come back and condemn his followers to hell when we love him so much?
10) Why does Muhammad say in the Quran the most awful name in Allah’s sight on the day of resurrection is a man calling himself the king of kings? Who is this man and why is scared of him? What will this man do to Allah on that day?
11) If Allah revealed the torah and the bible before the Quran as a guidance and the Quran says Allah’s words could never be changed , did Allah or Muhammad lie since muslims decleare the bible is corrupted?
12) If the gospel has been corrupted, wouldn’t Allah just tell us to get rid of it and believe in the Quran? If the gospel has been corrupted,why doesn’t Allah know anything about it?
13) Why does the Quran clearly maintain that the gospel is authoritative for Christians if it is not the word of God?
14) When Muhammad was having doubts about his revelations. Why did Allah command Muhammad to go to the people of the book, Jews and Christians for confirmation if the bible was corrupted?
15) The Quran says Jesus was born of a virgin, which would means that he had no early father, since he had no earthly father, Where did his blood come from?
16) Were the demons and all the people that Jesus healed lying when they all called him son of God? Was peter and the Angel Gabriel also lying when they called Jesus the son of God? Was God lying when he said, ”this is my beloved sin, in whom i am well pleased” were they all lying when they called the son of god?
17) The Quran says Muhammad is not the Word and Spirit of God. The Quran says Jesus Christ is the word and spirit of God. If God created the universe through the word and the word is creator, either way you look at it, wouldn’t that make Jesus God since he is the Word of God?